Responsible for both product planning and product marketing. This includes managing the product throughout the product lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with product engineering, to deliver winning products. It also includes working with sales, marketing and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Associate Product Manager's job also includes ensuring that the product and marketing efforts support the company's overall strategy and goals.
- Develop product opportunities
- Manage Gantt chart process to ensure deadlines are met
- Specifies customer driven market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by product engineers and customer input.
- Be an expert with respect to the competition.
- Develop the core positioning and messaging for the product.
- Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities.
- Develop and manage beta and pilot programs with early-stage products and samples.
- Set pricing to meet revenue and profitability goals.
- Deliver an annual revenue, profitability and asset plan by product line.
- Train sales and marketing organization on new and existing products.
- Keeps management informed of area activities and any significant problems or concerns.
- Completes special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Occasional Travel Required
- Contributes to the development of sales tools and collateral materials.
- Contributes to and participates in trade show support and representation when needed
- Contributes to company e-commerce and product catalog support and management.